Associate Editor of Women’s Running: Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC – Boulder, CO
Pocket Outdoor Media is looking for a passionate, ambitious, and detailed self-starter to join the Women’s Running editorial team as a full-time Associate Editor. The ideal candidate has excellent researching, writing and editing skills, and has a smart, fun voice that can speak to our millions of readers across platforms. The Associate Editor will be responsible for creating and editing content across platforms (print, digital, social, video), and will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief. This position is full-time from Women’s Running office in Boulder, Colorado.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pitch, research, write, or edit a certain number of stories/articles per week for print and digital (TBD how many).
- Assist in maintaining weekly and monthly editorial calendar (online, print, and social).
- Perform photo research to supplement content; help schedule and execute original photo and video shoots.
- Assist in managing freelance contributors, invoices, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist in creating weekly and monthly analytics reports for digital and social content as requested.
- Stay abreast on the most current developments and trends in the running, health, fitness and wellness industries.
- Support the team with content creation during special events and races, working quickly and diligently in real time.
- Attend and report on events on behalf of Women’s Running as needed.
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- 2-4 years of experience in journalism, digital media, writing/editing, or a related field.
- A healthy obsession with social, digital, and print media, and a knowledge of the women’s running and lifestyle space.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment; ability to work both independently and well with others.
- Exhibit ease and professionalism when interacting with industry influencers and professional athletes.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills; ability to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques and problem solve with minimal direction.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.