America’s Leading Endurance Sports Brands Invite Running Specialty Retailers and Manufacturers to a Series of Events at the Running Industry’s Favorite Gathering
Boulder, Colorado, USA — November 27, 2018 — Competitor Running, Women’s Running, Triathlete, and VeloPress will host the Official Media Hub of The Running Event 2018 tradeshow from November 28-30 at the Austin Convention Center. Running retailers, manufacturers, and attendees are warmly invited to join the fun at booth #1431 for exciting events, new website previews, and charge up their phones and devices at the Official TRE Charging Station.
The Official Media Hub offers visitors a glimpse at exciting media products releasing in 2019 including:
- Audience Studies: The newly released 2018 Audience Studies for Competitor Running and Women’s Running, which include comprehensive market research. Each report reveals brand ownership and intent-to-buy responses from thousands of consumers for over 100 leading running apparel and shoe brands. Retailers must not miss this insight into the top-selling brands and trends for 2019!
- New Website Designs: Previews of the redesigned brand websites designed by award-winning online user experience designer Daniel Boguszewski.
- Women’s Running Redesign: A fresh, new design of Women’s Running magazine in its upcoming Jan/Feb issue—including a new logo.
- New Magazines: Complimentary copies of new issues of Triathlete and Women’s Running. Retailers can set up retailer subscriptions of this industry-leading magazines during the show.
- New Books: A selection of new VeloPress running books, including: Kilian Jornet’s Summits of My Life, Hansons First Marathon from the coaches of the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project, the new 2018 teal color of the Believe Training Journal from Lauren Fleshman and Roisin McGettigan-Dumas, and Jay Dicharry’s top-selling Running Rewired program.
The Official Media Hub Event Schedule for The Running Event
Wine with Women’s Running
Wednesday, Nov. 28 | 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
TeamWR invites the running industry to join the Women’s Running community at a networking happy hour event. Meet the editors and enter a raffle for fun prizes! Beverages and light hors d’oeuvres will be served.
Jay Dicharry Running Form Self-Test Workshop and Book Signing
Thursday, Nov. 29 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
VeloPress and Competitor Running will team up to host America’s leading physical therapy expert and best-selling author Jay Dicharry for this fun and informative event. Dicharry will guide attendees through an interactive session of his favorite self-tests and correctives from his best-selling book Running Rewired: Reinvent Your Run for Stability, Strength & Speed. Stay for a free, autographed copy of the book while supplies last!
Gear Talk Video Interviews
Thursday, Nov. 29 | 12:30 – 6:00 p.m.
The editors of Competitor Running, Triathlete, and Women’s Running will interview product managers about new releases and top-selling running gear, shoes, and apparel during this live-taped video series to be published online in December. Interviews are by invite only, but retailers are encouraged to watch these informative, two-to-three-minute product highlight sessions for overviews of 2019 product.
Daily Contests, Subscription Offers, and More
Each day during expo hours
The Official Media Hub will offer attendees giveaways throughout The Running Event. Retailers are invited to join our magazine subscription program and to learn about VeloPress wholesale terms for carrying running titles in their shops.
About Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media is the leading publisher in endurance sports. Pocket Outdoor Media’s brands influence and engage more athletes than any other through a combined print, online, and social audience of 44 million runners, cyclists, triathletes, and swimmers. Our brands include Competitor Running, the leading website for performance-minded runners; Women’s Running, the world’s #1 resource for women runners; VeloNews, the authoritative voice of cycling; Triathlete, the world’s #1 triathlon resource; and VeloPress, the world’s leading publisher of books on endurance sports. Pocket Outdoor Media is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, and has an office in San Diego, California. See more at pocketoutdoormedia.com.
Advertising, Sponsorships, and Partnerships
Competitor Running & Women’s Running
Shannon Standefer, Sales Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (303) 245-2111
Lars Finanger, Director of Sales & Brand Development, email@example.com, (303) 828-8034
Gordon Selkirk, Publisher, firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 768-6476
Kara Mannix, Sales and Marketing Manager, email@example.com, (303) 245-2104
Magazine Subscriptions and Retail Shop Distribution
Heather Arnold, Circulation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 768-6776
Pocket Outdoor Media
3002 Sterling Circle, Ste 100
Boulder, CO, USA 80301