The Creative Director of Pocket Outdoor Media will create, shape and lead our design journey from concept through execution across all channels — print, digital, email, social, video, podcasts, experiences, and emerging technology platforms.
This role defines the overarching creative strategy and provides brand relevant direction and execution across all brand properties – POM Corporate, Women’s Running, Triathlete, VeloNews, and VeloPress. The Creative Director serves as strategic creative lead and manages the alignment process between cross functional teams to establish a global strategy that is visible at multiple customer touch points. Your creative direction will inspire storytelling that is aspirational, culturally and technically rich to our audience, while simultaneously supporting business needs and strategic priorities.
With your creative direction, you will lead a team of designers to execute the editorial and brand content strategy; collaborating with our Editorial, Marketing, Product, Technical, Sales and Leadership Teams. On any given day you might: Define the vision and mission, and manage the day to day responsibilities of a new initiative. Manage multiple projects, teams, and budgets within deadlines. Identify the conceptual and strategic direction for various projects, and clearly presents those ideas to the team. Ensure the quality of work produced is in compliance with company and partner expectations.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Responsible for the creative direction and execution across the POM brand properties and content distribution channels — digital, print, social, email, video, podcast, experience, and emerging technology platforms.
- Establish processes for efficient workflow to maximize creative output, while fostering creative collaboration and exploration
- Collaborate with Editorial teams to establish alignment on seasonal editorial stories in relation to print, digital and marketing executions.
- Leverage communication channels to tell cohesive brand stories and build experiences that support audience engagement and editorial differentiation
- Manage a team to meet deliverables defined by the editorial calendar. Lead meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure concepts are maintained and executed to our POM and advertising partners standards.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Manage and support creative team in planning and execution of concepts, while inspiring them to push the POM brand properties forward.
- Investigate, research, and maintain an extensive knowledge of emerging technologies and design trends to ensure POM is always bringing innovative approaches to our clients
- Manage and develop creative team skillset and experience to support brand needs and priorities
- Manage the freelance talent and use to extend our design thinking and achieve timelines
- Build an external creative resource roster for POM by evaluating, identifying, building and maintaining relationships with external photographers, videographers, producers, and post-production teams.
- Lead planning of location productions, including identifying and briefing external resources, supervising budgets, operating as on set director responsible for directing producers, talent, and crew.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in providing design inspiration across digital, print, video and supporting marketing channels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with client-facing pitches and consulting
- Conceptual thinker
- Strong presentation skills
- Video and photographic shoot experience required
- Experience in designing successful digital products
- Experience in research, user analysis and continuous improvement
- Experience in managing a team
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.