Pocket Outdoor Media is looking for an innovative, energetic, and extremely organized digital product producer to handle a range of projects. This role combines elements of editorial web production with the technical product management of editorial products. The ideal candidate is a digital jack-of-all trades who can bring a wide skill set to the table, and has experience working with developers, editors, and producers in a content-heavy environment.
This candidate will work closely with the editors of Pocket Outdoor Media’s several properties and the technology team, bringing features to life online and within mobile platforms, and will help oversee the monthly production of POM’s magazine content for the web. This individual should be comfortable engaging in discussions with technical and non-technical team members, ensuring transparency during all stages of projects.
Digital Product Producer Responsibilities:
- Oversee the continual development and improvement of the CMS as well as other editorial tools and end-user features.
- Evaluate and make recommendations around vendors and implementation of technologies on the POM websites, including platforms for commenting, annotations, and video. Lead A/B testing to optimize content on digital platforms.
- Ensure web best practices, particularly regarding SEO, are applied to asset and content creation.
- Lead the development of an improved site taxonomy system that will improve site organization and SEO.
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and report bugs and other problems to tech team.
- Experience and interest in media/publishing, and a passion for POM’s brands.
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies (scrum, kanban, mukti)
- Proficient with PM tools such as Trello, Asana, or Jira.
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering, editorial, and sales teams
- Strong knowledge of the tech used in managing content websites — WordPress preferably.
- Deep experience with analytics preferred (Google Analytics, ChartBeat, Parse.ly)
- Must be qualified to work in the US
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years experience in digital product management or editorial production
- Bachelor’s degree
Please send a link to your online portfolio, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
This job is based in our Boulder, Colorado, headquarters. Sorry — no telecommuting.