Director of Sales oversees the Brand Activation team for IDEA and Oxygen and is responsible for developing strategy, sales plans and profit targets.
IDEA and its members are passionately committed to improving the health, fitness and well-being of all people. We and our members are determined to create community, uplift our industry, and advance all professionals who aspire to meaningful careers. We are focused on delivering compelling member value by imparting knowledge, credibility, inspiration, marketability, business solutions, and personal and professional growth opportunities.
This role is focused on getting the most out of each individual on the team by developing and sharing a strategic plan while assisting each individual to understand their role in achieving their goals, the client’s goals, as well as the company’s goals. The Director of Sales will oversee the team’s relationships with clients, create individual and team goal incentives, and seek out and maximize new business development opportunities. They will be active in the sales strategy and tactics for all prospects and clients as a resource and a front-line contact, while maintaining key enterprise relationship-based accounts. This role reports directly to the Vice President and General Manager of the Fitness Group.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Develop and execute strategic plans to exceed sales targets and to increase member benefits through key brand partnership programs
- Oversee the day to day activities of each member of the team and develop a plan to tailor their role to their specific strengths and goals
- Develop benchmarks for successful team and individual activities and maintain compliance. Promote, Retain & Counsel personnel based on productivity, activity and success in order to exceed team goals. Recruit new personnel as required to exceed goals.
- Drive marketing efforts to support BAT team goals
- Creatively partner with BAT team to maximize online education and native marketing sales (new products), as well as assisting BAT with closing event sponsorship sales
- Reinforce the essential nature of building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships for each team member and their customers. Train and coach on key characteristics and lead by example:
- Manage a book of enterprise, relationship-based accounts
- Actively contribute to team metrics through new business development and meeting personal monthly goals.
- Develop processes and standards to effectively communicate the value proposition through consistent presentations/media sheets.
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on exceeding minimum sales activity volume
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain a superior sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and following up on work results.
- Train current team on new products including online education and sponsorship selling
- Create a culture of positive, team-oriented members committed to the company goals and ongoing personal and professional growth.
- Create budgets and revenue goals along with restructuring commission/bonus plans to maximize BAT selling incentives, while delivering the highest revenue to AIM Fitness brands
- Build, lead and inspire a team of 3-7 people while fostering an environment of trust and respect
What You Bring:
- 7+ years of Strategic Inside Selling
- 3+ years leadership, management experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Suite
- Business Development – Lead Generation
- Fitness, Health, Wellness Industry Knowledge
- Trustworthy and encompassing of company “IDEALS”
If you are interested in submitting an application, please upload your cover letter and resume here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.