Pocket Outdoor Media is looking for a talented individual to join our growing media team full-time in our Boulder, CO, headquarters. The Director of Video is responsible for all elements of creating editorial and custom videos across our media titles: VeloNews, Triathlete, PodiumRunner, Women’s Running, Bicycle Retailer & Industry News and VeloPress. The ideal candidate brings substantial experience in working with editorial teams to create focused, high-quality videos on sometimes tight deadlines. The Director of Video reports to the Content Director of Special Projects.
• Assist in digital media strategy development with the heads of each brand
• Manage all video production, from concept to execution
• Manage distribution platforms, including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram as well as our sites
• Manage video storage
• Manage equipment acquisition and usage
• Analyze what’s working, what isn’t, and adjust
• 3-5 years of experience shooting, editing and distributing video
• Strong understanding and knowledge of video players and functionality
• Deep experience working in the field as well as in a studio
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
• Must be a self-starter, with strong planning, time-management and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of and passion for endurance sports
• Strong written and verbal communication ability
Reports to: Content Director of Special Projects
Start Date: Flexible, but ideally November 1, 2019
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Pocket Outdoor Media, Inc (POM) owns and operates the world’s leading endurance sports media brands, including VeloNews, Triathlete, Women’s Running, PodiumRunner.com, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, and VeloPress. Collectively, our titles engage and influence more than seven million endurance athletes every month.