This role plays a critical role in the organization and works very closely with the COO. In this role, you will direct and oversee contracts throughout their lifecycle. This role is at the hub of the business, serving as the liaison between the business, employees, customers, vendors, and independent contractors. You will be the main facilitator for negotiations, recommendations, record keeping, monitoring, change management, and more. Your key strengths include contract drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution. You come with some best practices on how to keep everything organized so contract management is a smooth, streamlined and efficient process. This role reports directly to the COO and is based in Boulder, CA.
Contract drafting, evaluation, negotiation, and execution
- Review current contracts from recently acquired companies and identify risks and identify different standards, acceptable liability, policies, language or procedures.
- Take the lead on negotiating the terms new contracts
- Integrate acquisition contracts into current contract management system; If deemed necessary update existing contract management system to ensure it is well-organized and easily usable
- Incorporate all consent documents and additional notices identified in our recent acquisition into the contract management system.
- Review all current contracts to identify any current risks
- Receive requests and manage the development/maintenance of contracts, such as change in the scope of work and other change orders
- Follow-up on outstanding contract issues for resolution to meet internal and external deadlines
- Maintain and update internal and client-specific templates for all contracts, keeping templates aligned
- Owner of all aspects of the contract development and execution process for assigned/accountable opportunities, utilizing independent judgement and discretion for completion (inclusive of managing opportunities autonomously, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirements and deadlines, escalating obstacles)
- Utilize excellent judgement skills and experience to review and analyze requests, including protocol draft/synopsis and other matters of significance, to confirm receipt of adequate and correct information to develop the necessary contractual document
- Adhere to policies and procedures for contract development and client interaction, including managing timelines to ensure timely execution of deliverables
- Serve as primary support and contact for assigned contract deliverables, including subsequent revisions, if requested
- Provide leadership in drafting and reviewing contract content, utilizing discretion when reviewing provided guidance from a variety of additional stakeholders, including, marketing, editorial teams, IT, Finance, and HR
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to review and revise deliverables as needed
- Contribute to process improvements, updating and/or revising templates and processes as needed
- Manage workload to meet requested deadlines
- Provide leadership/mentorship/guidance to junior members of the department.
- Demonstrate leadership when interacting cross-functional teams, providing guidance and acting as a resource for them, as well as taking lead on team-level initiatives or process enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field.
- Proven ability in developing contractual documents within a complex business environment.
- 5-8 years of experience developing executable contractual documents
- 5+ years of experience in professional roles
- M&A contract management experience is a big plus
- Strong Microsoft Office suite knowledge/familiarity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work to deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive listening skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and prioritize endpoint
If you are interested in submitting an application, please upload your cover letter and resume here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.