Pocket Outdoor Media, Inc. (POM) is seeking a Senior Designer to join our creative team. This position plays an integral role in the growth of our leading outdoor brands and reports to the Creative Director. As Senior Designer you will help develop and maintain the visual language of our brands across print and digital. You’ll be designing covers, features, and department layouts for our brands’ bimonthly print publications and digital assets, focusing on Triathlete and Women’s Running.
You will come up with fresh template ideas, working closely with editors, and manage art and photography needs to ensure content adheres to the high-end quality standards of the brand across platforms. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is eager to be challenged and show off their unique design style, and who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver on deadlines. The role is fast-paced, creative, and varied depending on the team’s priorities at any specific time. Candidates must be extremely comfortable in Adobe InDesign and have previous experience in both print and digital design, ideally with a sports or fitness focus.
What You’ll Do
- Master design across all channels and software applications in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) including, but not limited to:
- Design for banners, digital advertising campaigns, PowerPoint deck refresh and clean-ups
- Brand identity creation, newsletters/e-news/newsflash, infographics and figures
- Event related media including badges, digital signs, name cards, stickers, floor decals, etc.
- Manage production assets and workflow. Oversee execution of all assigned campaign and editorial shoots, ensuring they are consistent with each brand and according to client requests, executed according to concept, on time and on budget. Design, shoot, edit, and/or produce, as needed
- Maintain brand standards and guidelines, ensuring creative continuity across all mediums.
- Identify design trends and suggest ongoing enhancements to brand guidelines
- Conceptualize and design magazine layouts according to brand templates and styles. Update and maintain master templates, styles and branded elements
- Produce print-ready layouts, make design revisions and copy edits as needed, and prepare files for final production
- Ensure asset delivery, marketing newsletters, brand information, selling tools, etc. are developed, shared or posted in a timely manner
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- Published experience in editorial design, ideally with a sports or fitness focus
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop & Acrobat)
- A strong understanding of and interest in typography, image manipulation, and photography
- An understanding of all phases of design, layout and production, experience in template creation or redesign
- Ability to multitask, juggle multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and maintaining consistency and quality across projects
- Quick learner, strong communication skills
- Be deadline-driven, open to feedback and constructive criticism and have a positive can-do attitude
- Must be able to concept and execute brilliant creative solutions in a scrappy team environment
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or similar is preferred
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Photography: 5 years (Preferred)
- Adobe InDesign: 5 years (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 5 years (Required)
- Typography: 5 years (Required)
Please send a link to your online portfolio, cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
This job is based in our Boulder, Colorado, headquarters. Sorry — no telecommuting.