This position is for a brand-building storyteller who not only lives and breathes social media, but is also an endurance enthusiast looking to connect with the audiences of Women’s Running, PodiumRunner, Triathlete and VeloNews. This individual must be eager to use their communication skills and social media expertise to help achieve real business goals. A good collaborator with forward-thinking ideas about social media engagement, along with great writing and visual chops, is the best kind of candidate.
This position will provide support in the execution of editorial brand awareness and engagement, as well as advertising social campaigns. This includes strategy, execution, community management, content creation, ongoing maintenance, reporting, identification, and sharing actionable results and best practices across the organization. This person should have an advanced level and working knowledge of tools and technology associated with executing social campaigns (i.e. FB Business Manager, Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hoostuite). This position will work closely with the editorial, marketing and sales teams—learning about their strategic priorities, developing social media plans to accelerate and complement their work, and taking the lead role on bringing these plans to life.
The person in this position also has the desire to grow, lead and manage a social media squad over time. Social Media needs to be one of our core competencies as an organization, so this role has to bring a high level of capability and desire to roll up their sleeves to make it happen while building a team.
● Partner with the editorial staff, marketing and sales to strategically curate, contextualize and produce social media content, ensuring a cohesive and consistent narrative flow and voice on each of the POM social media accounts; lead day-to-day management of our social media channels
● Develop original, strategically-sound social media content by thinking creatively about opportunities to capitalize on events, announcements, and press coverage with a social-first mentality
● Produce, manage and schedule the social media content calendar across brand platforms
● Draft social media content, as well as talking points for videos, on behalf of the editorial staff
● Advise and produce relevant content, at the right time that drives increased traffic and engagement across all social media networks
● Serve as a social media business partner Editorial, Marketing and Sales teams, proactively developing and executing tailored social media plans aligned with specific business objectives; this may include running organic and paid social media campaigns, strategic social listening/monitoring, and social influencer engagement
● Leverage our social media management platform to develop sophisticated social monitoring techniques for awareness of conversations and news impacting our business or the industries in which we operate; work with the team to form and execute rapid response plans to relevant social media conversations involving influencers, journalists, clients, etc.
● Play a role in administering our social media management platform and onboarding new users
● Review social media metrics on a regular basis; produce monthly reports to demonstrate ROI and proactively advise team members and cross functional teams on what social media content is working well and what needs to be adjusted
● Train associates on social media best practices and industry trends to leverage to drive increased brand engagement
● Lead, develop and manage a growing social media team. Provide ongoing coaching, growth opportunities and development to help the team succeed in their position and future positions.
● 3+ years of experience in communications, social media, marketing or related work
● Superb writing and visual content creation skills
● Passion, curiosity, and eagerness to use social media to address business objectives
● Natural curiosity and ability to understand how complicated technology and data products work
● Quick on one’s feet—excited about operating in a fast-paced, editorial landscape
● Exceptional communicator with the ability to work at the intersection of multiple teams
● Entrepreneurial spirit—comfortable breaking new ground without a blueprint for success
● Experience with social media management software (e.g. Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.)
● Experience running paid social media campaigns a plus
● Prior experience in Editorial, Brand Marketing, CPG, Media or Technology spaces a plus
● Outside-the-box perspectives on social media engagement and storytelling
We’re looking for talented people with an entrepreneurial drive and spirit. If you want to take your passion for business and endurance sports to the highest level (and have a lot of fun doing it) then POM may be the perfect fit for you. The company offers a strong benefits package and a salary commensurate with background and experience. If you’re qualified and interested, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.