Pocket Outdoor Media (POM) is hiring a highly motivated and detail oriented Staff Accountant to support the Finance and Administration department as we continue to grow our business. The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing the day to day accounting functions of the Finance Administration department and provides support services including account reconciliations, financial statement preparation and budgeting. This full-time position will report directly to the Controller from the Pocket Outdoor Media office in Boulder, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly customer invoices and customer inquiries to facilitate collection of accounts receivable including tracking deferred revenue subscriptions and cash collections
- Perform accounts payable functions including invoice entry, EFT and check disbursements and maintaining an electronic filing system of invoices and payment support along with issuing 1099 forms
- Support monthly internal financial statement preparation by reconciling accounts, posting any necessary adjustments, maintaining supporting documentation, and researching variances of budget-to-actual
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation and external vendor reconciliations
- Assist and prepare month-end closing journal entries and correct any discrepancies
- Works closely with the Controller to ensure effective integration of accounting functions with other functions of the business
- Perform other special projects and accounting duties as necessary\Manage expense reporting administration program, including employee questions and communication
- Research and resolve issues related to invoices, vendor payments, disbursements, accounts payable processes
- Assist to streamline business processes such as author royalty payments and build financial costing models
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two (2) years of experience. Digital Media experience a plus
- Detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and proactively seeks answers and solutions
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, work well with others
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and a CRM system preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation.
Travel: This position requires no travel.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC (POM) owns and operates the world’s leading endurance sports media brands, including VeloNews, Triathlete, Women’s Running, PodiumRunner.com, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, and VeloPress. Collectively, our titles engage and influence more than seven million endurance athletes every month.