Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC is hiring for the position of Managing Editor of Triathlete magazine.
The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial content production of Triathlete magazine and assists with the production of Triathlete.com. The Managing Editor plans, assigns, edits and writes content for Triathlete magazine and Triathlete.com under the direction of the Editor in Chief. The candidate should have a passion for exceptional editorial content and the fitness industry, and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Oversees content calendar and scheduling for Triathlete magazine and Triathlete.com
- Manages invoicing for Triathlete Magazine and Triathlete.com
- Assigns stories to freelance writers, photographers and contractors while staying within budget guidelines
- Writes, edits and copyedits stories for clarity, readability, interest, punctuation and grammar
- Travels as needed to conferences and races to stay abreast of industry trends
- Provides a deep knowledge of fitness, nutrition and training content
- Contributes as a strong team player to execute vision of Editor in Chief
- Bachelors or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in similar role
- Experience working with outside contractor/freelancers in print and online environment
- Superior grammar, punctuation, style and spelling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience with InDesign and InSite a plus
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation
Travel: This position requires some travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position based on-site in Boulder, Colorado. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.